CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st JANUARY 2019
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE UNLESS YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Currently studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree.
- Available to commence a full-time, 1 year placement in summer 2019.
- Available and eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa or relocation support.
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement.
We are Criterion. We love games.
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning and massively entertaining games. We are a team of talented people who craft games with joy, passion, and commitment to quality.
At Criterion, we place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s UK game studios, Criterion and Ghost are opening up a number of yearlong internships, spanning all game development crafts.
We are growing our team with talented people who can help us take a huge leap forwards, and you, the next generation of game makers, are central to this ambition. As we explore new possibilities within gaming, challenge our own beliefs and step outside of our comfort zone, we need fresh perspective that challenges convention and inspires us to grow.
We are looking for a passionate intern software engineer who can help us on this journey, while learning about the field of games engineering hands-on.
Within our studio we have a passion for teaching and sharing our knowledge with others both inside the studio and across the games industry. We know there are a lot of things we can teach you and so we are less focused on what you are capable of right now. What is important to us is who you are and the fresh perspective you can bring.
What an Intern Software Engineer does:
Our software engineers work closely with other disciplines such as all manner of designers, artists and producers. Unlike many other games studios, our office is not separated by craft. We believe that we are most effective when we arrange our desks into our feature teams. Therefore, we are looking for an intern who would revel in working in this way.
Creating a game requires many areas of engineering all coming together harmoniously. This means that as a software engineer there is a lot to choose from: Physics, Gameplay, Engine, AI, UI, Core, Build, QE, Web Technology, Tools and many more. Currently, we are looking for an intern in any one of these areas depending on what’s best for you.
What we are looking for:
- You need to be in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree and available for a 1-year placement commencing summer 2019
- Have some experience in programming – any language and any technology
- An intense passion to make incredible games with fresh player experiences
- You value working in a team and aren’t afraid to ask questions
- You know that we can never truly stop learning and so have a hunger to learn as much as possible whenever you can
- You play games and often try to understand how they are made or have ideas on how to improve them
- When something isn’t right you have an “I can fix that” attitude
- While not essential if you have created a game, a website, an app or tool? Show us, we would love to hear about it
Please note: If you have a passion to work here, please apply, even if this specification does not fully describe you. Unfortunately, job specifications are a little more box like than we would like. We don’t like putting people into boxes. We would love to hear about who you are because, even if it isn’t engineering, we may be able to find something here that is right for you and therefore right for us too.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer competitive compensation packages. Other benefits include:
- Free onsite gym.
- Two annual parties (Summer & Christmas).
- Onsite café.
- Our very own barista.
- Games Area
More importantly, because we love working with world-class creators, we maintain a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
We are based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.