We are Criterion. We love games.
We’re Criterion Games. You’ll know us from the Burnout series, Black & two recent Need For Speed games: Hot Pursuit & Most Wanted. After years of dominating the driving scene, we are growing our team to work on projects that will extend our reputation as a ground-breaking British studio, bringing cutting-edge technology and innovation together to make awesome new AAA games.
Our studio is an exciting place to work. Criterion Games seeks out the most creative, passionate and talented people in the industry and we give them an environment where creative collaborations flourish. As a studio, we’re passionate about inspiring, supporting, educating and working with a new generation of game makers as well as experienced industry veterans.
What a Gameplay Engineer does at Criterion:
- Working as part of our engineering team, you’ll develop and specialise your programming skills, learning to turn ideas into implementations that ship in game
- Collaborates daily with other engineers and departments to deliver amazing features
- Implements, tests and maintains reliable and efficient code.
The next great Criterion Gameplay Engineer also needs:
- To be comfortable in C++ programming with a desire to enhance their skills.
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- A passion for bringing new ideas to the studio, a drive for teamwork, and engagement to become a better software engineer today in order to bring high-quality entertainment for our future titles.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area