We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout and Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Starfighter Assault on Battlefront ll and now Battlefield V: Firestorm. Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, outstanding game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, encouraging cross-discipline teams to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or video games, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
What a Senior Character Artist does at Criterion:
We’re looking for a Senior Character Artist to work collaboratively as part of a tight-knit, creative and cross-discipline team to provide the next generation of believable and relatable characters.
We need your experience, passion, communication and collaboration to create amazing Characters. Working with Concept, Rigging, Animation and Narrative on creative and technical challenges to help determine visual standards and technical workflows while inspiring Character artists inside and outside the studio.
You will report to the Character Art Director as part of a multi discipline team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process.
A Senior Character Artist needs:
- Experience building photorealistic and stylised characters for multiple, shipped AAA titles on current generation platforms.
- Expert understanding of anatomy, costume, characterisation and a good working knowledge of PBR materials .
- Extensive experience in organic and hard-surface modelling using ZBrush, Maya/3DS Max.
- Expertise in real-time character creation workflows, including new trends.
- Experience contributing to creative briefs, reference, style guides, visual targets and prototypes.
- Experience working collaboratively in an iterative design process.
- Passion and desire to make the best characters and promote character art.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford